mardi 26 juin 2018

Flowers and water

Hi there!

Did you know I'm a florist? Ok, not yet, I'll only have my diploma next week, but close enough. I thought I could show you a few pictures and talk about my formation a little, but first, an anecdote from today.

So, I'm currently working (well, not exactly, it's an unpaid intership) at this little shop and today, our water tank broke. It took a little while to realise that the sound of water was comming from us and not an other shop. It was comming out so fast, like an opened faucet! Luckily, we have an drain and the floors are concrete or ceramic, so no damage. Well, except for the tank that we have to change. We had to close earlier because of that.

Onto the flowers now! It may sound silly for a few of you to get a diploma to be a florist, but the formation is very important. It was 9 month, full time, and we learned a lot of things! Being a florist is not just being able to do bouquets. You have to learn the name of a lot of flowers and greens and also plants, how to take care of everything. You also need to learn how to make arrangments, for funerals and wedding (wedding bouquets also! And those need to be perfect).


One of the basics is being able to do a dozen roses. It's not easy at first, but you learn how to make a bouquet with the correct technique

We also learn to make simple shapes. Here is a round, perfect to put in the center of a table.

This one is a big triangle. It is good to learn how to place flowers in bigger arrangments.
We also learn to make more modern looking things.


This one is one of my favorites, and not only because of the purple. I enjoyed making it, with the wave of the moluccella (the green flower)

This was a bit tricky to make, but it was also really fun.

So many things to show! I don't wanna make it too long, so I'll continue in an other blog. This was all made during the first half of the formation, so I think it's a good point to stop. I hope you enjoyed today's blog, because I think I'm having fun writting those. Not sure I'll write one every day, but I might try.

Je vous nem <3
Nemi

2 commentaires:

  1. Oh girl ! These flower arrangements are amazing. I don't live in Canada sadly to buy your floral arrangements ! Also, have you considered moving to Japan and working in the ikebana domain? It'll be amazing for you !

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks! I did consider taking an Ikebana class, might do it next year when they start again. While moving to Japan would be a dream (and I do speak Japanese), Ikebana is a very different form of floral art. But the nice thing about working with flowers is that I can do that anywhere I want, so I might try one day.

      Supprimer